After the completion of studies in Canada, there are various international students who wish to move to the country permanently. To help students obtain the same, the government has initiated various pathways available for international students who are willing to make the transition to Canadian Permanent Residence.

There are various immigration programs available through which students can obtain their permanent residency in Canada. While each immigration program operates in a different manner and has requirements apart from completing Canadian studies, the below-enlisted programs assist international students with accelerated pathways for becoming Canadian Permanent Residents-

Canadian Experience Class: 

Referred to as one of the fastest ways for obtaining Canadian PR, the Canadian Experience Class is operated through the Express Entry Immigration system.  Although there is a myriad of eligibility factors for this immigration program which include the level of education, language proficiency, and age, a distinguishing requirement is also there. As per this requirement, the applicants need to prove that they have at least 12-months of continuous, full-time, and skilled work experience in Canada in the previous three years or a part-time experience. Students with this level of experience can take up CEC as an option with the help of an immigration consultant in Canada

Federal Skilled Worker Program

Federal Skilled Worker Program is another program operated through the Express Entry Immigration system. Unlike the CEC program, this program does not require an immigrant student to have work experience in Canada. Therefore it is a good option for graduates who have already gained work experience in other countries. 

The Federal Skilled Worker Program is a merit-based immigration program. It uses a point-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score to automatically rank candidates and invites only those applicants who have the most competitive profiles to apply for permanent residence. So, for international students who meet the eligibility requirements and have a highly competitive CRS score, the FSW program can be a great pathway for permanent residency. 

Provincial Nominee Program

Canada’s provinces and territories operate their own immigration programs, which are referred to as Provincial Nominee Programs. All the PNPs operate differently as they are designed to meet the needs of that specific province or territory. There are various PNPs who give preference to applicants who have a connection with the province- study or work experience related. Depending on the province where the international student completed their studies, they are eligible for applying for a PNP in that province.

Post-Graduation Work Permits

Although a post-graduation work permit is not a direct permanent residence program, it does allow students who have graduated from a designated learning institution to live in Canada after their period of study and work with any Canadian Employer. This experience can help international students to qualify for Canadian PR through the CEC or a PNP. Moreover, one should also know that not all programs offered at DLIs can be used for obtaining a post-graduation work permit.

So, if you are an international student who has completed your studies in Canada, and wishes to apply for a PR, connect with Peravisa Canada. We comprise highly-skilled and experienced professionals who will provide complete guidance and assistance to help you obtain your PR. Visit our website to book an appointment today.